Friday, January 30, 2015

Angels Landing, Zion National Park

Hike #7of100


Angels Landing has been a hike that I have heard about from friends and family. Last year when I visited Zion's it was clear I was not in any shape to haul my butt up that mountain...oh, that mountain. Actually if you read my very first blog you will read that it was my goal to "do Angels Landing" this year. Well, nothing like taking your goals head on. 

See that little mountain spike in the back--that's Angles Landing.
I'm actually NOT pointing to it!
Walter's Wiggles
A series of switchbacks leading up to the summit. 
One of the few flat areas of this hike. 
The view was spectacular


This photo was at about 8:30 in the morning. The wind was kind of brutal, so my handy little face protection was put to good use.













The drop offs were incredible. Chain links are positioned throughout this hike and I must say that I was very disappointed when the chains weren't there.



Oh Snap, that's high!





I was holding on tight! No way was I going off the side of that mountain. 

I'm trying to capture the depth of the drop off. 





Look mom, I made it. Whoo-hoo!


This photo doesn't even look real...
I promise I'm not Photoshop'd in :)








No comments: